Cloudcap Construction did incompetent, poor quality work in my home.

Jim Horn of Cloudcap Construction in Eugene Oregon did a very poor job installing doors, and window and baseboard trim and molding in my home.

He installed a partially, poorly finished expensive, new front door with visible scratches and window dripped and smeared with stain and urethane.

He took my existing front door without my permission and refused to provide a replacement door to allow for repairs and refinishing. Typically this is considered theft.

After returning home from work on a day he worked at my house, I found that he left a paint tub of mineral spirits with a paint brush in it and an unsealed can of urethane unattended inside my house.

The quality of work was so poor he eliminated labor charges upon complaint then went back on his word and demanded full payment.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 0 Yes 0 4 No 4
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jun 19, 2014 #829277 Eugene, Oregon

Jim Horn did excellent work for my wife and I. Jim installed windows all the way around our house and he stood by not only his own work but when the manufacturer of the windows made a mistake, he stood behind that as well and corrected the problem. Conscientious and quick. I recommend highly.

Jan 14, 2014 #773441 Eugene, Oregon

Jim just recently installed new windows in our new house. Its the 3rd house he has worked on for us, and did excellent work as usually, showed up when he said he would, cleaned up each day, and billed what he said it would cost. I highly recommend him.

Oct 25, 2013 #733027 Eugene, Oregon

Nice work and fastidious.....Creative and nice to work with...Not sure why the other complaint, wonder what the basis is for the negative comment. Seems to me that the person has an axe to grind over nothing. Borders on the libelous. I see a great craftsman who puts his ALL into the work he does. You won't be sorry to hire Jim!
I can't give him a 5th star, but would settle on a 4 1/2!

Susan Wells

May 22, 2012 #484095

GREAT WORK BY CLOUDCAP CONSTRUCTION. I have used this company over the years for numerous home remodeling projects and have always been happy with the quality of work. Jim Horn has good attention to details and good ideas. He is honest, friendly and hard working. I will definitely use him again.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.